August 23
Okay, so this was the week of August 17, and this is my journal notes.
So we were busy walking this week quite a bit. Should add it all up. Monday, Alimagnet? Yep, Alimagnet, just down the road there. And I thought it went well for me. I haven't been there for such a long time. I thought we went a different path than we usually do, but you know where we are over there. Yeah. So that was a good walk.
Did we see any wildlife? We did see a deer. We were talking about how it's so interesting. Oh, that was Murphy-Hanrehan. Never mind. So we saw three. So, three deer, mama and two babies, and one of the babies started walking toward us. And brave.
And so, skip a couple of days, and went to visit a friend in the hospital during that time. Yeah, we did that. Wednesday we did that.
And then Thursday we went to, no, Lebanon Hills. Lebanon Hills. That was nice to see. We've been there before, but probably at a different location. And there's a lot of paths there. We could walk for a long time and not, yeah, and do the same one in the same two in six months. Yeah, that's a decent park. Talked to the park ranger there. Mm-hmm. And we're going to rent some, yeah, kayaks for rent and canoes. Yeah. Might do that. Well, that, even with the colors changing, would be pretty in September.
And then we went to Murphy-Hanrehan on Saturday. That was a long walk. Very long walk. That was about a little over four miles. Four and a half miles. And we hardly saw anybody. We saw someone walking their horse when we got to the bench. Yeah, at the end of it. Surprised. Yeah, and when we finished, then there's a horse showing up. Horse trailer.
Yeah, that was unusual, but kind of unusual for not seeing anybody all day. But that was a weekday. So usually, back in the day, I think we were always doing weekends when I was working.
Okay, and then today we went to the Renaissance Festival. Did some walking there. Saw the jousting. Bought some jewelry. Did you put your jewelry away? I did. Had some Nag Champa. What's that? Nag Champa. It's an oil. Watched jousting, had a couple of drinks. Yeah. Had a taco thing that was with the hush puppies in there. Hardly put any meat in there, just kind of tater tot. Yeah.
It was fun. We've never gone out there the very first weekend out of five. It's always been the fourth or fifth, the second-to-the-last or the last weekend. But yeah, it was nice that it was crowded but not massive. It wasn't shoulder to shoulder like usual. And we've been there when it's been so hot. Yeah. Today was maybe 80, 79. It just was very nice. It is nice.
Well, sitting there waiting for the jousting to start, that was a little hot. Sun was beating down on us. Yeah. But the jousting was fun to watch. It was good.
So we came home, and so here we are. Watched a little TV, had dinner, sitting on the deck and just watering the lawn and the gardens and the deck. And you brought in your first pepper today. First pepper, yeah. How many cucumbers do you think you've brought in this week, or since they've been coming? For sure 10, but they're so big. They're like 15 inches long. Eaten quite a few cucumbers. We gave a couple away. But cabbage, a couple, four heads of cabbage, and kind of monitoring them to see. I don't want them to go bad at all. I don't want to leave them too long. But we like cabbage.
And this may have happened not last week, but maybe the prior week. We had three or four pears on the pear tree, and just when we were going to pick them, then the next day they're gone. Mm-hmm. So it was obviously deer. Yes, we got one, I think, that got them. It could have been a squirrel, but I don't think so. I think the deer just came in and went, whom. Yeah, we'll just try something different next. And they'll be a little bit higher next year. The tree's going to grow. It was just sad. They were so pretty. Oh, they were. Well, I got pictures of them, though, too. So that's good. We're good on that. Summercrisp pear.
This is a good year for your flowers and plants. Yeah. They were just lush, but, you know, the key is consistency. Can't let things droop and look like they're kind of dying. If you do that too many times and force them to try to come back, they just wimp out. But these are just beautiful this year. Everything's lush. I'm just, I'm kind of shocked. It's wonderful.
So we're going to have a little party next week. Stay tuned. We'll talk about that. Have a little meet and greet, little happy hour here on our deck with our neighbors on both sides. So that would be fun. See what this week brings.
I work the next two days and got some gardening to do at the new garden, at the community garden. So yeah, but that was this week's activities.
Comments
Post a Comment